• The Santa Cruz River has been the route of one of Patagonia’s most emblematic explorers: Charles Darwin and Patagonia Profunda recreates that trip aboardTour Details
- Trip Includes
• The Santa Cruz River has been the route of one of Patagonia’s most emblematic
explorers: Charles Darwin and Patagonia Profunda recreates that trip aboard
• In this multi-adventure excursion we depart in a 4×4 vehicle along Route 40 to
the Santa Cruz River and from there, after a technical talk and equipping ourselves with dry suits, we begin to row down the river.
• During the navigation we will see geological formations and a wide variety
of fauna, elements that inspired Darwin in his historic journey through these lands.
After 15km downstream we arrive at Estancia El Rincon, where we have lunch
on the banks of the river, and then return to El Calafate.
Daily departures at 9 am
– Duration: 5 hours
– 4×4 40km ride one way, 65km back
– 15km, 90 minutes kayak trip
– High difficulty
– Age requirement: 12 and older
– Not suitable for pregnant woman
No details found.
- Certified guide
- double kayaks
- Gore-Tex drysuit, life jacketboots and gloves.
- Lunch at estancia
• Optional companion: Those who do not want to paddle can go to the Estancia in a 4×4 vehicle and join for lunch with the kayakers, paying 50% of the rate.
• Canceled in the case of strong winds.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing